Installation tool for wader boots studs.
- Determine stud placement pattern before installation (See Placement Patterns ). For this demonstration, we have chosen the standard pattern.
- Snap a stud into the prongs of the Grip Studs™ installation tool using extra force if necessary to ensure the stud is firmly positioned.
- If your soles have pre-drilled holes for studs, try to conform to the suggested placement pattern in using the existing pilot holes. For most other sole types, position studs between the thick tread knobs, matching the placement pattern as closely as possible. For soles with tight tread patterns that make placement possible only on top of the knobs, use Model #1100 ONLY, matching the placement pattern as closely as possible
- Apply pressure straight down while slowly rotating the stud into the sole. Continue to rotate until the tool prongs are embedded into the sole. Make sure the penetration area is fully embedded into the sole as shown in the illustration at right. Remove the tool from the installed stud.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining studs. Put your wader shoes on, and step into the water with awesome traction. Go fish!
To remove studs, simply unscrew with installation tool.